Skip to content

General MRU Feedback

We welcome any feedback on how we can improve Marginal Revolution University. You can also email us at support AT mruniversity.com.

34 results found

1. Certificates

I see that the certificate is not printable. Can any body who achieved a course and printed a certificate tell me how?

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have earned a certificate, you should be able to print it as follows:

1) Login to mruniversity.com
    2) You should see your profile page – if not, click “my profile” on the top navigation bar
    3) On the right you should see certificates you’ve earned – under them you should see “print certificate”.
    4) That will bring up a page formatted for printing. On many print screens you’ll see something like “print backgrounds” and “print header and footers” options. Click print background “on”. Leave headers and footers “off”.

2. MRUniversity should create an app.

MRUniversity should create an app similar to Udemy so people can easily do economics on their phones and tablets. I would strongly prefer if there was an MRUnisveristy app that just linked the videos so I can watch it on my phone without the need of an internet browser.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Awesome Site!!!

Without a doubt THE best way to learn about economics! All of the videos are very interesting, easy to understand and very slick with high production values.

Most importantly, it gives the student of economics a very solid intuitive grasp of the subject.

Many thanks for making this open and freely available to the public.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Using MRUniversity in the Classroom

I'm considering letting my students take your Great Economists course as extra credit, but I'm concerned that they'll get the certificates without actually doing anything. Are the exams locked until all the videos are viewed? Are the exam questions randomized so as to prevent students from sharing answers? Thanks.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jennifer,
    At this time we haven’t locked down the exams in the way you describe. They are more meant to be a way for students to test themselves at this point rather than a rigorous from of accreditation or anything. We might get there someday.

Thanks for writing in and please continue sharing your feedback. We are trying to provide a valuable supplement for professors/teachers, so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We’re working on a teacher resource section – anything you’d like to see there?

5. Continuous Play Option.

It would be awesome to be able to queue up a series of videos. I'm listening to/watching the Development Economics series, and many of the videos are only a few minutes long. I like to listen while I paint my house, and I keep having to stop and run back to the computer to play the next video. It would be nice to be able to select several to play in a row. I could watch/listen to a whole section in one go.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Katie,
    Thanks for the suggestion. There are two ways to do this:

1) YouTube playlists
    If you use a YouTube playlist like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meo0s54s1sw&list=PL-uRhZ_p-BM4SmRr1p6WZnfym2zP2O0LH&index=2
    it will continuously play. We have playlists setup for some of the courses and are in process of setting up all of them.
    2) iTunes
    We are posting videos to iTunes, which will allow you to do continuous play. We also have just the audio podcast, which combines a whole section’s videos into one podcast. We’re rolling on both the video and audio podcasts continually. You should see more up soon – let me know if you have a particular course you want first.

Hopefully this helps!

Roman

6. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    answered  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Is there a recommended course order?

For someone who has little background in economics, is there a recommended course order? The website appears to list the courses in an arbitrary order. Udacity categorizes courses as Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. Is there a similar ordering for MRU courses?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,
    That’s a good question. In general we try to make all of our videos accessible to a beginner. The Everyday content is definitely the most introductory in nature – we’re working on more introductory level content.

However, that shouldn’t discourage you from checking out the other courses such as Development Economics or Great Economists. Those are both very accessible as well.

Thanks for your question.

8. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why the course "Understanding Data" is not procedding?

Please fasten up the course, we all waiting for it eagerly. Thanks for all your hard works. We all do appreciate it. :)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    answered  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Expanding the reach to people by collaborating with big video blogger

I have come across so many vblog in YouTube and I hope that you could collaborate with these people in order to gain viewers, because i think this course is very informative yet i happen to see very few subscribers.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This is without a doubt the best thing on the Internet. The lessons are very clear, comprehensive and a real lifesaver.

These lessons are the best thing since sliced bread. Easy to understand, great reinforcement of the concept taught. I am confident I will have far fewer problems in my MBA classes because of your unselfish presentation and offering to

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t have a course specifically designed for that age but I think you could find useful content in both Everyday Economics and Principles. I have a 7 year old and he enjoys them!

Here are some ideas. Drop us a note at [email protected] if you have a specific topic in mind. If we don’t have it we might be able to suggest some other places.

Trade, Division of Labor, etc
    http://www.mruniversity.com/courses/everyday-economics/trade-growth-hockey-stick-human-prosperity

Incentives
    http://www.mruniversity.com/courses/principles-economics-microeconomics/introduction-microeconomics

Price signals
    http://www.mruniversity.com/courses/principles-economics-microeconomics/price-system-definition-invisible-hand

Trade-off between fun and wages
    http://www.mruniversity.com/courses/principles-economics-microeconomics/tradeoff-wages-no-such-thing-as-free-lunch

Public Goods
    http://www.mruniversity.com/courses/principles-economics-microeconomics/public-goods-example-asteroid-defense

Basics about institutions, growth rates, development
    http://www.mruniversity.com/courses/principles-economics-macroeconomics/gdp-per-capita-purchasing-power-parity-example

14. Better spam control and author authentication needed

Comments and discussions under the videos could be very useful only if they are kept free from spam. Spammers often post links and ads. One way could be to designate some long time or serious users as moderators.

PS: In case you start such a program, I would love to help with moderation of content

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please make sure that the information in the practice questions is correct

Please make sure that the information in the practice questions is correct. I just tried to answer one of the practice questions on GDP and it marked my correct answer wrong. I double checked my answer in the book and I was correct and the website was wrong. This problem could cause people to learn false information. :/

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting your concern about the GDP practice question. We take making sure that all of our questions are correct very seriously. We have reviewed all the questions on GDP and can verify that they are all correct. If you can let me know which is the question you think is wrong, we can try address it specifically.

There is one question, the second question in the “Splitting GDP” video, that is a bit of trick question. Maybe this is the one you are referring to. It may seem that the answer should be (e), but it is actually (d). The reason is that not all of government spending is counted in GDP; only government purchases are. For example, social security payouts are government expenses but not purchases, and these are not counted toward GDP. The video explains why this is so: GDP count goods…

16. Using MRU with flipped classroom; date for Macro?

Your videos are great and I use them in my classroom and post them on my course website as a kind of hybrid flipped classroom.

When will you have videos up for principles of macro? Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing! We’ll be in contact with you as we’re very interested in how our videos are working in a flipped model. You can send feedback directly to me at roman at mruniversity dot com as well.

As for Macro, it’s on deck for this year. I’ll add you to the professor list for course announcements so that you get notified.

17. Awesome and generous! thank you!

Thank you so much for providing this. I RELLY appreciate your time and effort.
    This is an awesome resource and useful not only for teaching first timers, but also for a great resource for us weathered economists to pick up illustrative examples to explain to policy makers and others. I'm a huge fan.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Release New Material on a Schedule

You asked for feedback about the Principles of Economics: Microeconomics class.

I know it's too late in the class for this to change, but in future classes it would be nice if there was some predetermined schedule for the release of new material. Long periods of time went by in the class with no new material and no idea when it would be released.

A release schedule when the class starts would be very helpful.

Thanks for the great material. So many of these topics and the way they apply to real-life situations are more complex than they appear on…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote